Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world’s leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our 22,000 employees do the can’t be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.
Our Regional Cyber Center – Europe (RCC-E) program is seeking a Cyber Systems Administrator to join their diverse team in Wiesbaden, Germany. The RCC-E pushes the boundaries of innovation and security, while providing high availability network services for the Army to accomplish its mission in Europe. Our team is chartered with providing the skills to design and sustain optimized IT solutions that provide a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Additionally, Peraton provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Peraton benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family.
The Cyber Systems Administrator will have the opportunity to perform management on enterprise Microsoft Windows systems that provide support to Army operations. The Principal Cyber Systems Administrator will be part of a team that provides support to core enterprise services such as Microsoft Key Management Services (KMS), Windows SMTP Relays, and Windows Internet Name Services (WINS). This will include supporting the team on key application technologies such as System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), System Center Operations Manager (SCOM), and Remote Desktop Services.
- Support establishment of the Windows Server security infrastructure design, implementation, and migration planning and fielding.
- Provide support of Microsoft AD RDS platform that supports virtualized applications for 30,000 theater users.
- Provide support for Microsoft Windows Server platform and functions (Windows SMTP Relay, KMS, and WINS)
- Manage SCOM platform to support customer requests for agent installation and tuning monitors and rules.
- Participate in new installations, testing and special projects as needed.
- Ensure IT programs and other initiatives implementing enterprise NetOps capabilities are properly integrated and structured to support the gathering and reporting of critical NetOps elements of information within the AD RDS solution.
- Establish and maintain high levels of customer satisfaction according to defined objectives while adhering to established policies.
- Exhibit good communication skills, an energetic approach, and patience with customers.
- Review ACAS findings to ensure Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) compliance, and remediate findings for Windows Servers.
- Review DISA STIG compliance, and remediate findings for Windows Servers.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum 6 years of recent specialized experience OR; Associate’s degree and 8 years of recent specialized experience OR; Major Certification (such as CCDP, CCIE, CISSP, CCNP, MCSE) and 10 years of recent specialized experience OR; 12 years of recent specialized experience with a High School diploma or equivalent.
- A solid understanding of Windows Server, Workstation operating systems, end-user support in an Active Directory environment, general understanding of LAN/WAN networking.
- Active DoD 8570 IAT III (CASP CE, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP, GCED, GCIH) certification
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate 2012 or equivalent certification
- Ability to obtain within 6 months of hire ITIL Certification
- Current DoD Secret security clearance with recent investigation date. US citizenship required
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Remote Desktop Services, its operation procedures and service delivery activities required to maintain mission-readiness.
- Experience with Microsoft System Center product suite.
- A working knowledge of Internet Information Services (IIS)
- An in-depth understanding of all aspects of Defensive Cyber Operations.
- A working knowledge of US Army Regional Cyber Center operations.
- A proven positive experience in working with government customers.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment where multiple projects are being developed and deployed simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Experience with one or more scripting languages such as PowerShell, Bash, Python, or Perl.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.