Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world’s leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our employees do the can’t be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.
Peraton is hiring multiple full-time background investigators to support critical missions in the Washington, DC Region. Candidates must reside within 15 miles of Washington, DC.
What you’ll do:
The Investigator will be responsible for the following but not limited to:
- Successfully complete a full time, 6-7 week new Investigator training both virtually and in person in order to be certified in the Federal Investigative Standards for government background investigations
- Travel daily when conducting in person background investigations for the purpose of determining employment suitability of persons who require access to sensitive or classified U.S. Government information
- Investigators will schedule and conduct face-to-face interviews throughout their designated area with the subject and their neighbors, employers, friends and family
- Investigators will also perform record searches at police agencies, courthouses, educational and financial institutions, and medical/mental health facilities
- Investigators are required to type and report all obtained information in a clear and concise report on a government issued computer system
- Working independently while also a member of a team of Investigators and with a Field Manager
- Candidates with 4 years of general work experience or a bachelor’s degree may be considered; candidates with experience conducting DCSA/NBIB or other federal background investigations preferred
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret eligible clearance; Active federal background investigation with a T5 adjudication is preferred
- U.S. citizenship
- Daily travel required locally and outside of primary work area as needed
- Home office required
- Temporary Duty Assignments (TDY)/remote travel ranging from 14 – 30 days away from home per TDY may be required
- Must reside within the stated mileage requirement posted in job description
- A valid driver's license and full time usage of reliable transportation are required. Driving is an essential function of the job and Motor Vehicle Records may be checked as part of the hiring process or at any time during employment
- Required to carry sufficient motor vehicle insurance
- Accurate and efficient typing capabilities (40+ WPM recommended) and ability to work within multiple computer programs concurrently
- Must be able to speak for extended periods of time and hear sufficiently to communicate in person and over the phone; record, read and transcribe words and numbers with a high degree of accuracy
- Proficient grammar and writing skills in order to submit high quality reports with minimal or no errors
- Must be able to interact professionally with others, to write for long periods of time, meet expectations for attendance and punctuality, and able to pay attention to details while conducting fieldwork
- Maintain high level of confidentiality ethics and integrity
- Professional attire required
- Must be able to lift and move up to 10 pounds, climb stairs, walk extensively, endure long periods of standing and drive in adverse and/or night conditions
- Ability to interact with a variety of individuals and personalities professionally and effectively
- Ability to work in a fast-paced changing environment under remote supervision
- Excellent organizational, scheduling and prioritization skills
- Proficient writing and communication skills
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
This position pays $23.30 - $25.63 per hour
At Peraton, our benefits are designed to help keep you at your best beyond the work you do with us daily. We’re fully committed to the growth of our employees. From fully comprehensive medical plans to professional development resources, we are there to support you all the way.
SCA / Union / Intern Rate or Range
An Equal Opportunity Employer including Disability/Veteran.