Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world’s leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our employees do the can’t be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.
- Lead the development, preparation, coordination, and editing of communication materials, focusing on speeches for various audiences and occasions.
- Draft and edit speeches or scripts for senior executives for live or recorded delivery, testimony, and statements for Congressional Record.
- Advise and coach leadership on presenting and delivering speeches to ensure effectiveness and engagement.
- Prepare assignments based on subject matter experts' input to ensure speech content's accuracy and relevance.
- Ensure all speech materials are consistent with organizational and publication standards and tailored to the intended audience.
- Provide mentorship and training to junior staff on effective speech writing and editing techniques.
- Utilize Adobe Creative Cloud Suite and other tools to enhance the presentation and delivery of speeches.
- Research to ensure accuracy, and proofread and edit content for clarity, readability, and accessibility based on the medium.
- Initiate, plan, execute, and report on communication tasks independently, as identified.
- Bachelor's degree and 3+ years of experience or no degree and 9 years of experience in Communication, Journalism, or a related field.
- TS-SCI w/Poly level clearance is required.
- Demonstrated experience in drafting, editing, and delivering speeches or scripts for various audiences and occasions.
- Proficiency in utilizing tools such as Adobe Creative Cloud Suite to enhance speech content and presentation.
- Strong ability to convey complex information in a clear and simple manner to diverse audiences.
- Proven track record of mentoring and training others in effective speech writing and presentation techniques.
- Familiarity with MS Office Suite, collaboration tools such as MS Teams and SharePoint, as well as other necessary software for creating compelling speech content.
- Experience in providing communication support, including the development, preparation, production, coordination, and editing of various materials, with a strong emphasis on speech writing.
Target Salary Range
$112,000 - $179,000. This represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SCA / Union / Intern Rate or Range
An Equal Opportunity Employer including Disability/Veteran.