Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world’s leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our employees do the can’t be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.
Peraton is seeking an experienced Cyber Incident Management / Operations Analyst for its' Federal Strategic Cyber sector, located in Arlington, VA
Location: On-site in Arlington, VA
As the nation’s risk adviser, we (CISA) help our partners strengthen their own capabilities and connect our stakeholders in industry and government to each other and to resources, analyses, and tools to help them build their own cyber, communications, and physical security and resilience, and in turn, strengthening national resilience.
In this role, you will:
- Provide first-line support in a 24 x 7 Operations Center (CISA Central) for incidents reported by CISA staff and customers.
- Review cyber, physical, and communications incident information and conduct analysis to enrich CISA Central Awareness Messages, Situation Reports, Senior Leadership Notes, and additional ad hoc reporting.
- Gather user requirements, analyze business processes, and work with functional areas to define and scope SharePoint projects, document requirements, and applications functionality.
- Perform periodic trend analysis of incident and case management information and coordinate with other CISA components to ensure wholistic analysis results.
- Provide statistical analytic, data visualization, and modeling and simulation expertise to select and cleanse data, analyze, and produce visualizations to interpret data.
- Conduct modeling and simulation of the critical infrastructure sectors to provide decision support analysis for senior leaders in policy and course of action development and decision processes.
- Develop and distribute authoritative data on incident reports and cases.
- Query Unified Ticketing System (UTS) and prepare ad hoc reports for CISA Central, Senior Leadership, and other CISA components.
- Query UTS and support required reports including those mandated by law and security directives.
- Possess knowledge of FISMA reporting process to aggregate and pull data from UTS for FISMA.
- Identify patterns and meaningful insights from data by analyzing it using Tableau. Power BI, or Remedy SmartReporting.
- Develop, maintain, and manage advanced reporting, analytics, dashboards, and other BI solutions.
- Respond to requests for assistance in person, via phone, or email.
- Draft organizational documentation such as Concept of Operations, Standard Operating Procedures, Work Instructions, etc.
- Assist in maintaining and configuring the UTS.
- Document challenges, coordinates across teams to identify opportunities for process improvement, and recommend solutions to ensure incident reporting apparatus success.
- Possess advanced written and oral communication skills; be able to respond to internal and external stakeholders (teammates, management, outside agencies, OMB)
- You must be a self-motivated, problem solver with excellent critical thinking skills and characteristics.
- You will work independently, multi-task, and set priorities.
- You will make decisions and solve problems effectively.
- You will need to think critically to come up with best possible outcomes.
Duties may also include but are not limited to:
- Perform customer relationship management activities with mission partners.
- Perform internal coordination and follow up for distributed actions.
- Ensure compliance with defined processes, procedures, work instructions, and program requirements.
- Be willing to learn new tools and technologies and take on new responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 5-7 years related experience, or a Master’s degree plus 3-5 years of experience, or PhD plus 0-2 years of related experience. An additional 6 years of experience may be substituted with an Associates degree, and an additional ten (10) years of experience may be substituted with a high school diploma.
- Minimum of 5 years working customer and Service Desk functions in an Operations Center or Security Operations Center (SOC).
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite plus SmartReporting in Remedy, Tableau, and/or PowerBI.
- Need to have experience in using Power Platforms to develop and deliver SP Online solutions, including Power Automate, Power Apps, Power BI.
- Competency in Excel (macros, pivot tables, etc.)
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of customer service techniques and experience providing Service Desk or call center support.
- Demonstrated exceptional communication skills and ability to stay calm in high stress events while maintaining good decision-making, focus, and good prioritization skills.
- Security+ certification or experience with cybersecurity.
- U.S. citizenship and an Active Top Secret Security Clearance w/ SCI required.
- In addition, selected candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a favorably adjudicated DHS background investigation (EOD) for continued employment.
- Able to gather data from variety of sources and conduct efficient data analysis of modeling and simulation results.
- Experience working with a customer service-oriented environment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with competing timelines and deliverables.
- Experience providing operations center support Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience in building operational workflow models.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Customer and detail oriented and possess good decision-making ability.
- Review and improve existing systems and collaborating with teams to bring improvements.
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail, problem-solving, and critical thinking.
Target Salary Range
$86,000 - $138,000. This represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SCA / Union / Intern Rate or Range
An Equal Opportunity Employer including Disability/Veteran.