Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world’s leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our employees do the can’t be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.
In support of the Operational, Planning, Implementation, and Assessment Services (OPIAS) contract, Peraton is seeking a Data Engineer who can leverage experience and expertise in data exploration, engineering, and ETL to architect, develop, and deploy scripts for processing structured and unstructured data into usable data formats for long term storage, search, and analysis.
- The successful Data Engineer candidate will work with a diverse team of data scientists, social scientists, cultural advisors, operations research systems analysts (ORSAs), and information operations (IO) planners to translate empirical research findings into operational assessments.
- The Data Engineer will be responsible for developing software for user interfaces, data extraction and transformation to improve data reliability, quality and utility.
- The candidate should also be comfortable working with military planners to break down and synthesize data in a fashion that best informs plans and operations.
Roles and responsibilities for this position include:
- Utilize your experience with AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud
- Creating a custom ingest pipeline to a Big Data platform with consistent performance and scalability
- Understanding programming and data engineering concepts and best practice
- Experience working with both structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data to include data parsing, transformation, schema definition, and query/analysis
- Ability to manage and organize data while identifying trends and inconsistencies that will impact downstream analytics
- Experience with data pipelines or be willing to learn a pipeline from bottom to top
- Be able to troubleshoot files against an architecture to see where the upload process is failing
- Be able to understand unit tests and add to them to increase stability to the entire pipeline
- Be prepared to use GIT, Anaconda, Spyder, and Microsoft tools
- Be prepared to express ideas and solutions and walk together with teammates through coding challenges
- Bachelor of Science in computer programming, mathematics or a related degree with 8-10 years of experience, 6-8 yrs. with a Masters Degree
- Demonstrated experience applying data engineering and software development expertise
- Work / research history demonstrating applied experience with programming languages such as Python, SQL, Java, etc.
- Linux OS (Ubuntu, CentOS, Red Hat), and Windows environments
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- High levels of curiosity, creativity, and problem-solving capabilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience building ETL pipeline architectures
- AWS, architectures
- Experience with ETL tools such as NiFi or Informatica
- Must be willing and able to travel within the CCMD area of responsibility as required by the program.
- Current DoD SECRET security clearance
- Current US Passport
- A graduate degree in computer programming / science, mathematics, or related degree an 10-14 years of experience
- AWS certifications such as AWS solutions architect or developer
- Cyber security certifications
- Statistical package expertise in programs such as IBM SPSS/PASW, R, STATA or MS Excel statistics
- Experience applying data science to address defense or social science issues
- Experience using geospatial analytic package (e.g., ArcGIS, QGIS, etc.)
- Joint intelligence or operational assessment experience with Combatant Commands
- TS/SCI clearance
Target Salary Range
$112,000 - $179,000. This represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SCA / Union / Intern Rate or Range
An Equal Opportunity Employer including Disability/Veteran.