Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world’s leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our employees do the can’t be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.
Overall Position Description
At Peraton we drive missions of consequence spanning the globe. As the world’s leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise engineering provider we deliver trusted engineering capabilities to our nation’s security and provide solutions which keep our nation safe. The Space and Intelligence Sector is seeking a Mid-Level (6+ years) Systems Engineer to work within our NEE program TO-14 Foundation GEOINT (FG) Mission Planning (FGMP) Project Team in Chantilly VA. The program position supports NGA’s Source Directorate, for which the Mission is to collect, create, and broker authoritative GEOINT content and services based on an intimate knowledge of customer needs and powered by a unique command of the GEOINT supplier market. You will be working within a team focused on supporting the Foundation GEOINT Group within NGA, who is responsible for multiple mission sets to include Maritime Safety of Navigation, Aeronautical Safety of Navigation, Topographic Mapping, and many others. The FGMP team focuses on defining as-is and to-be business processes, which feed into solving key engineering problems and defining the future for each of these mission areas. As a member of our team, you will have the chance to work directly with customers responsible for leading and executing these missions on a day-to-day basis.
- Perform engineering activities to support the definition of current and future processes enabling foundation geoint missions, to include assessing mission needs, understanding enabling technologies, identifying pain points and opportunities for the future, identifying technical dependencies, developing and analyzing process alternatives, and generating required engineering artifacts.
- Responsible for managing SME and User engagements to drive process definition.
- Provide engineering expertise to support collection of appropriate data during SME engagements, engineering TEMs, and research.
- Assists the Government in the capture and translation of mission and customer requirements/needs into systems/capability requirements and solutions.
- Assists the Government in strategic technical planning, project management, performance engineering, and risk management.
- Operates at the level of integrating multiple systems, services, processes, and interfaces within a Major Systems Acquisitions across organizational and agency boundaries.
- Establishing and growing a working knowledge of Foundation GEOINT and related concepts to include the mission areas of Maritime, Aeronautical, Topography, Geodetics & Geodesy, and Elevation.
Peraton offers enhanced benefits to employees working on this critical National Security program, which include heavily subsidized employee benefits coverage for you and your dependents, 25 days of PTO accrued annually up to a generous PTO cap and participation in an attractive bonus plan.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Systems Engineering or in related technical or scientific fields such as engineering, physics, mathematics, operations research, engineering management, Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or related STEM degree program, or equivalent Mid Level work experience as a Systems Engineer.
- 6+ years working experience in government or industry in relevant work areas including: DoD/IC Acquisition Process, Requirements Process, PPBES Process or system engineering of large complex System of Systems or Service Oriented Architecture/Cloud environments.
- 6+ years system engineering experience in government or industry.
- Working knowledge of Model Based Systems Engineering, processes, tools and languages.
- Working knowledge of Software Development Frameworks.
- INCOSE Associate System Engineering Professional (ASEP) certification.
- Documented work experience in the field of geospatial intelligence.
- Membership or active participation in any of the following professional organizations:
- Working knowledge of photogrammetry, remote sensing, image science, information sciences, geographic information systems, geomatics, or related fields.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the current NSG/ASG and NRO enterprises.
- Working knowledge of NGA data, systems and architecture related to, but not limited to, the following GEOINT realms:
- NGA FG Requirements Management
- Political Boundaries
- Controlled Imagery
- Elevation Modeling
- Topographic Modeling
- Human Geography
- Aeronautical Safety of Navigation
- Maritime Safety of Navigation
- Geodesy and Geophysics
- Geographic Names
- NOME VGI Production
Target Salary Range
$86,000 - $138,000. This represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SCA / Union / Intern Rate or Range
An Equal Opportunity Employer including Disability/Veteran.