Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world’s leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our employees do the can’t be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.
- It is the responsibility of this position to guide, train, and lead teams supporting technical efforts related to software development, maintenance and architectural design, network engineering, system security and training activities.
- Perform PMP type project management tasks.
- Lead PI Planning ceremonies and facilitate support coordination between multiple agile release trains (ART).
- Gather and present ART wide performance metrics at end of sprint and end of PI review sessions with senior management and customer stakeholders.
- Guiding the team on how to use Agile/Scrum/Kanban practices and values.
- Guiding the team on how to self-organize and plan work into enabling features and stories along program increments and sprints. Assessing the degree of scrum maturity and coaching the team to higher levels, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization.
- Removing impediments and guiding the team to remove impediments.
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem-solving.
- Facilitating a culture of getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
- Assisting with internal and external ART (Agile Release Train) communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
- Supporting and educating the Agile Project Management Lead, especially on grooming and maintaining the backlog.
- Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible and leading by example.
- Communicate with stakeholders, escalate impediments, help manage risk, and drive relentless improvement.
- Facilitates most effectively as a servant leader.
- Have a solid grasp of how to scale Lean and Agile practices and understand the unique opportunities and challenges of aligning and facilitating an ART.
- A Bachelor’s degree
- One (1) year experience demonstrated knowledge of, or education in DoD acquisition processes specifically related to software lifecycle management, or obtain the training within one (1) year of contract award and provide documentation of the training to the Government.
- minimum of five years' experience in software development, have direct experience with large-scale agile (e.g., Disciplined Agile Delivery, LargeScale Scrum, Scaled Agile Framework or Spotify model), and be familiar with Offensive Cyber Operations
- Ability to communicate with stakeholders, escalate impediments, help manage risk, and drive improvement through coordination between the Contractor’s development team, the Government Product Owner and key technical stakeholders.
- Ability to provide high level guidance and overall responsibility for technical aspects of the Agile Release Train (ART) ensuring cross functional teams deliver value
- An active DOD TS Clearane with SCI eligibility.
Target Salary Range
$146,000 - $234,000. This represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SCA / Union / Intern Rate or Range
An Equal Opportunity Employer including Disability/Veteran.