Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world’s leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our employees do the can’t be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.
Peraton is seeking a motivated Senior Aerospace/Propulsion/Electrical/Avionics Systems Engineer to join the team supporting the NASA Launch Service Program (LSP) at the Resident Office located in Hawthorne, California.
This position will provide onsite engineering and oversight activities at the SpaceX contractor facility. The primary role will be to evaluate the Falcon 9 launch vehicle design, development, manufacturing, testing, processing, and troubleshooting of propulsion and avionics subsystems used by NASA’s LSP commercial launch services. In addition, the candidate will perform as the liaison supporting and creating technical and program relationships with the commercial launch provider and associated suppliers/vendors.
- Perform as the primary liaison between the NASA customer and the launch vehicle provider (SpaceX)
- Extensive communication with NASA and the commercial launch vehicle provider management and senior engineers
- Provide expert insight into the Falcon 9 launch vehicle propulsion and avionics systems, designs and analyses
- Evaluate and present at NASA Engineering Review Boards on technical issues, concerns, and recommendations that affect NASA missions
- Actively participate and contribute to Design Reviews, Engineering Review Boards, Anomaly Boards, as well as vehicle component Acceptance and Mission Success Reviews
- Ability to perform independent assessments of launch vehicle propulsion/electrical/avionics design, implementation, integration and testing activities in a production and launch operation environment
- Provide expert and effective insight into the commercial launch vehicle provider processes and procedures as well as the Falcon 9 launch vehicle to identify & mitigate risks and determine readiness for flight
- Ability to evaluate and assess production processes, technical issues, and non-conformances
- Monitor and assess production schedules and correlating technical issues with scheduling impacts
- Dependable and self-motivated with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft applications and Windows OS
- Travel occasionally as required <10%
- Bachelor’s degree in Aerospace/Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or related technical field, or have equivalent experience and knowledge.
- 8-10 years' of experience in launch vehicle propulsion/electrical/avionics design, manufacturing, assembly, integration, and test.
- Obtain successful completion of a government background check.
- Ability to quickly connect in-person and in writing.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks effectively.
- Good organizational and communications skills.
- Ability to work independently without supervision and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated leadership accomplishments professionally and personally.
Target Salary Range
$112,000 - $179,000. This represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SCA / Union / Intern Rate or Range
An Equal Opportunity Employer including Disability/Veteran.