Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world’s leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our employees do the can’t be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.
Peraton is searching for a talented Senior DB2 Database Administrator to become part of Peraton’s Citizens Security & Public Services, State and Regional team supporting a contract with the state of Alabama. This position will be on site in Montgomery, Alabama.
What you’ll do:
The Database Administrator will be responsible for the following, but not limited to:
- The ability to work on a diverse team or with a diverse range of people as one of three onsite DB2 z/OS application DBAs for the customer
- Demonstrate proficiency with the DB2 Relational Database Management System (RDBMS)
- Prepare for, participate in and provide a DB2 and application performance and tuning perspective from initial development design through implementation
- Use your experience with DB2 to address and resolve problems
- Tune the SQL statements in application programs for assigned projects from initial design, development through production
- Logical & physical database design for projects
- Database maintenance, on-call rotation, problem determination and resolution, database security. Candidate will be part of a 24 hour on call support team and will need to work off hours on some weekends and holidays.
- Evaluate new products and tools, test and implement new or upgraded software
- Collaborate on annual ALECS Disaster Recovery exercises
- Design, implement and support database and application backup and recovery solutions using IBM and BMC tools.
- Upgrade and maintain DB2 and related 3rd party software at or above release levels of N-1
- Adhere to all contract SLAs
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Science, Business Administration, Mathematics or related field with 8 years of experience or a High School diploma/equivalent and 12+ years of relevant experience
- Minimum of 6 years of IT Mainframe experience
- Minimum of 5 years of DB2 zOS mainframe DBA experience
- Minimum 3 years of COBOL/DB2 mainframe application software development database administration support
- Experience with DB2 Connect
- BMC third party software experience (Catalog, Change, DASD, and Recovery Manager, Load, Unload, Copy, Recover, SQL Explorer, Apptune, Logmaster)
- Ability to troubleshoot mainframe and distributed processing problems in a DB2 Connect Enterprise server environment.
- Ability to directly interfacing with clients from end users to project management, sensitive to clients’ needs, able to develop warm client relationships
- Ability to travel to annual off site disaster recovery exercise
- 1 year experience with Powerdesigner or other logical modeling tool
- 1 year experience with DB2 COBOL Stored Procedures
- 1 year State government customer DBA project experience
- 1 year Customer site DBA delivery experience
- 1 year 24 x 7 x 365 DBA on call support delivery
- 1 year SQL Server DBA experience
- 1 year with SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS) or other ETL tool
At Peraton, our benefits are designed to help keep you at your best beyond the work you do with us daily. We’re fully committed to the growth of our employees. From fully comprehensive medical plans to tuition reimbursement, tuition assistance, and fertility treatment, we are there to support you all the way.
Target Salary Range
$86,000 - $138,000. This represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SCA / Union / Intern Rate or Range
An Equal Opportunity Employer including Disability/Veteran.