Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world’s leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our employees do the can’t be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.
Peraton is seeking a Senior DevSecOps Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position is located in Herndon, VA. The qualified applicant will become part of Peraton's Department of State (DOS) Consular Systems Modernization (CSM) Program for the Bureau of Consular Affairs (CA). This initiative is intended to modernize and consolidate the operational environment under a common technology framework in order to better support the services provided to CA’s customers.
As part of the modernization program, the DevSecOps Engineer will provide support to the ongoing implementation of the Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) pipeline that supports the program. Experience with the core toolset utilized in the program’s pipeline or similar tools will allow you to operate at the appropriate level for this role. An in-depth knowledge of tool interactions within the pipeline will allow to you support troubleshooting of issues. The Senior DevSecOps Engineer must be able to quickly learn business workflows, technical architecture and dependent systems of the supported services.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Under the direction of the DevSecOps Lead, supports the technical planning, configuration, integration, verification and validation of the pipeline tool chain and its operation.
- Supports DevSecOps efforts to ensure delivery of a demand model that leverages continuous everything to reduce defects while increasing productivity and time-to-market.
- Capable of the systematic conversion of customer requirements into a total system solution.
- Experience with the technical complexities and challenges present within a complex DevSecOps environment.
- Assists with the establishment of CI/CD pipeline guidelines, standards, and strategies.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are key to success in this role.
- Must be effective and forward-leaning in communication with development teams to ensure adherence to CI/CD guidelines and standard DevSecOps processes.
- The DevSecOps Engineer reports to the System Team Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree and 8-10 years’ experience or master’s degree and 6-8 years’ experience
- To effectively support development teams, the candidate should have 3-5 years’ experience as a Software Developer utilizing languages such as Java, Groovy, Python, bash, or .NET to build applications.
- At least four-years hands-on experience supporting DevOps/DevSecOps to reengineer and automate the software development process.
- Able to demonstrate in-depth technical expertise in DevSecOps techniques, continuous integration, continuous testing, and continuous deployment.
- Experienced in the development of end-to-end solutions supporting deployments across multiple environments.
- Familiar with various branching strategies.
- Capable of implementing automated methods that improve the performance and reliability of the system including scripting, integration, and problem resolution related to the CI/CD pipeline tool chain.
- Experience in the technical aspects of DevSecOps techniques, continuous integration, continuous testing, and continuous deployment.
- Familiar completing trade studies and analysis of alternatives.
- Experience with at least some of the following technologies and techniques:
- Distributed source control (Git)
- Dependency Management tools such as Maven, Gradle
- Leading CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, TFS
- The concept of Pipeline as Code scripting technologies
- Industry standard Static Code Analysis (SCA) tools such as SonarQube, Nexus IQ Server, Fortify
- Hands on experience integrating SCA tools into CI/CD pipeline
- Binary Repository tools such a Nexus Repository for pulling dependencies and publishing build artifacts (Snapshots / Releases)
- Familiarity with Open Source Tools for test automation such as Selenium.
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- Experience working in a large software development program using Agile (preferably SAFe) development methodology.
- Experience implementing DevSecOps for a Cloud-based system on a modernization program.
- Knowledge of Cloud Service Platforms such as AWS, Azure.
- Experience with container orchestration using tools such as Docker-compose.
- Experience with Container Management Platforms such as OpenShift.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet.
- Experience with Continuous Monitoring tools such as E L/F K Stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash/Fluntd, Kibana).
- Experience with various branching strategies.
- Must have a current, active Secret (or higher) clearance. Interim clearances are acceptable.
Target Salary Range
$86,000 - $138,000. This represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SCA / Union / Intern Rate or Range
An Equal Opportunity Employer including Disability/Veteran.