Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world’s leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our employees do the can’t be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.
The Maven program office, created in July 2022, will lead the planning, integration, and execution of Maven’s capabilities and services. This includes the transformation of Maven into a program of record at NGA and complete integration into the NGA and the National System for Geospatial-Intelligence (NSG) architectural framework. To accomplish this initiative, the Maven program office will perform all the necessary activities to include development of Maven Strategy, Architecture, Requirements Framework, Acquisition Strategy, Business process, Product Strategy, Test Strategy, Intellectual Property Strategy, Schedule, and all other supporting activities to ensure success of Maven.
Overall Assignment Description:
The Senior Level End to End Enterprise Solutions Engineer will be responsible for overseeing engineering activities of an organization's information systems. This position also plans, designs, develops, evaluates, tests, and integrates an organization's systems infrastructure, including the implementation and design of hardware and software.
- Assists the Government in providing requirements engineering, solutions engineering, scheduling, reliability, resiliency, services development, integration, test and evaluation, maintainability and analysis across the NSG, ASG and Federal Agencies.
- Assists with the planning, analysis/traceability of user requirements, architectures traceability, procedures, and problems to automate or improve existing systems and review cloud service capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations.
- Assists the Government on proposed changes to the solutions designs based on analysis of requirements and new technology.
- Assists the Government in the capture and translation of mission and customer requirements/needs into systems/capability requirements and solutions.
- Supports the analyses and allocation of requirements to systems architecture components and executing programs.
- Assists the Government in performing systems integration activities.
- Assists in conducting Analysis of Alternatives (AoAs), Course of Actions (CoAs), Trade Studies, and Engineering Assessments.
- Assists the Government in operational technical planning, project management, performance engineering, risk management and interface design.
- Operates at the level of integrating Maven across other Programs at NGA, the DIE, and the IC.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the current DIE, NSG/ASG and NRO enterprises.
- Oversees and coordinates the work of, Mid-, and Junior-level contractor Systems Engineers.
Peraton offers enhanced benefits to employees working on this critical National Security program, which include heavily subsidized employee benefits coverage for you and your dependents, 25 days of PTO accrued annually up to a generous PTO cap and participation in an attractive bonus plan.
BS 8-10, MS 6-8, PhD 3-5
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, other related disciplines and on requires a minimum of 10+ years of work experience 6 years of which is in the DoD and/or Intelligence Community.
- Additional 4 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Senior level experience in government or industry in relevant work areas including: DoD/IC Acquisition Process, Requirements Process, PPBE Process or system engineering of large complex System of Systems or Service Oriented Architecture/Cloud environments.
- Demonstrated experience with systems engineering lifecycle. Understanding of developing SAFe.
- Experience working with Department of Architectural Framework (DoDAF) standards
- Experience working with Model Base System Engineers (MBSE)
- Demonstrated working experience with systems engineering tools
- Masters in Systems Engineering or in related technical or scientific fields such as engineering, physics, mathematics, operations research, engineering management, Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or related STEM degree program.
- Knowledge of Model Based Systems Engineering, processes, tools and languages.
- Software Development Framework certification.
- Demonstrated experience in the field of geospatial intelligence.
- Demonstrated experience engineering solutions using Cloud-based technologies.
- Demonstrated experience engineering solutions using structured and unstructured Big Data.
- Demonstrated experience engineering solutions using Automation, Augmentation and Artificial Intelligence technologies.
Target Salary Range
$112,000 - $179,000. This represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SCA / Union / Intern Rate or Range
An Equal Opportunity Employer including Disability/Veteran.