Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world’s leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our employees do the can’t be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.
Peraton is seeking a Top-Secret cleared Senior Proposal Manager to support classified pursuits. This position is eligible for our generous bonus incentive plan, based on wins.
*Hybrid - must be willing to work in our Annapolis Junction office with travel to our Herndon, VA office as needed.
The Proposal Manager is responsible for all aspects of proposal development efforts to include directing and coordinating the activities of Proposal Volume Leads, writers, and consultants to produce high-quality, winning proposals. The Proposal Manager is responsible for working closely with the Capture Manager and/or Business Development Executive to develop and articulate technical and management solutions for proposals, whitepapers, oral presentations, and other business materials. This individual will be responsible for leading/mentoring less experienced proposal staff and proposal coordinators and contribute to proposal development writing efforts, when required. The individual will work with Sector and Business Area personnel, proposal coordinators, and consultants, as well as Teammates to create compelling documents. In addition, the Proposal Manager will interface with a range of matrixed resources and temporary help to support business acquisition and proposal development efforts.
- Manage all aspects of proposal development (proposal writing, editing, illustration, production efforts, etc.) from assignment and receipt of RFP, through delivery and receipt by the customer.
- Identify and secure the resources necessary to develop the proposal.
- Analyze solicitations (RFP, RFQ, RFI, etc.) in conjunction with other customer requirements and communications and determine final document structure.
- Prepare detailed proposal plans, schedule outline and compliance matrix for assigned pursuits. Strong organizational management skills and attention to detail are essential attributes. Must be able to do general editing of written material, writing new material or working with reuse material, proofreading, and performing quality check of proposals under tight deadline constraints.
- Coordinate and lead major project meeting events, such as Kick-off Meetings, Strategy Meetings, color team reviews, etc.
- Arrange for facilities, communicate with participants, and prepare necessary materials.
- Lead effective storyboarding and development of strategic win themes, strengths, and discriminators.
- Develop targeted questions and interview technical and program management staff to extract critical information necessary to develop technical and managerial solutions.
- Develop and manage a proposal schedule.
- Meet established deliverables and production deadlines (working with Proposal Coordinator if assigned).
- Provide detailed guidance to proposal writers/contributors and subcontractors.
- Manage writing assignments and receipt of all proposal materials with authors and teaming partners in accordance with the project timeline.
- Support and ensure proposal center processes are followed, standard style guide is used, and documents are submitted in accordance with established guidelines.
- Manage the collection and editing of proposal materials to ensure compliance.
- Ensure proposals are compliant with all section L&M or similar instructions/requirements.
- Communicate proposal-related requirements and status with senior management, as appropriate.
- Monitor and remaining current on all amendments and modifications to the solicitation.
- Bachelors’ degree and minimum of 12+ years relevant professional experience as Proposal Manager
- Active TS clearance required with SCI eligibility security clearance.
- 8+ years of successful track record winning proposal efforts valued at $250M or more.
- Proficiency MS Office business applications to include SharePoint.
- Must have proven proposal leadership skills, with the ability to build a strong team, effectively resolve conflict, and vector appropriate resources to maximize proposal development.
- Must have experience in keeping a team focused and moving toward developing a compliant, compelling, competitive - winning document.
- Must have extensive experience in mentoring and coaching less experienced staff and (proposal inexperienced) senior operations staff who are writing proposals for the first time.
- Must be able to work with little direction and manage multiple tasks.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule which may include evenings and weekends when required.
- Commuting proximity to Annapolis Junction as primary location.
- Must be able to travel to lead proposals on-site in Herndon, VA as needed.
- APMP Certification
- Experience collaborating with Senior, Corporate leadership.
*Education/Experience Requirement equivalency: BS 12-15, MS 10-13. Phd 10+
Target Salary Range
$112,000 - $179,000. This represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SCA / Union / Intern Rate or Range
An Equal Opportunity Employer including Disability/Veteran.