Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world’s leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our employees do the can’t be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.
Peraton requires Cloud Systems Engineers to support the Special Operation Command Information Technology Enterprise Contract (SITEC) – 3. Positions are located at the SOCOM Headquarters at MacDill, AFB FL, and at the TSOC and Component locations in the United States and abroad.
The purpose of the Special Operations Forces Information Technology Enterprise Contract
(SITEC) 3 Enterprise Operations and Maintenance (EOM) Task Order (TO) is to provide
USSOCOM, its Component Commands, its Theater Special Operations Commands (TSOCs),
and its deployed forces with Operations and Maintenance (O&M) services to maintain Network
Operations (NetOps); maintain systems and network infrastructure; provide end user and
common device support; provide configuration, change, license, and asset management; conduct
training, and perform Install, Move, Add, Change (IMACs) services. The responsibilities and tasks associated with each requirement play a pivotal role to USSOCOM, the CIO/J6 organization, and ultimately the end-user who operate around the globe 24x7x365.
Cloud Systems Engineer perform tier three windows system support within AWS in both NIPR and SIPR networks. The Engineer is responsible for ensuring that AWS instances are built and secured to meet DISA STIG security and mission requirements. The Cloud Systems Engineer will construct cloud based servers work with networking during implementation and rollout. The Engineer is responsible for working with Exchange Administrators to configure Office 365 environments. In addition to in-depth technical knowledge of the Government’s software and AWS cloud computing, Cloud System Engineer must be familiar with the systems engineering process and data as a fundamental building block for performance improvement within the cloud. The Engineers responsibility will include participating in working groups, design reviews, and system tests. The Cloud Systems Engineer will work with the Cloud Architect to generate assessments, as well as develop and implement actionable recommendations based on results and reviews. The Engineers should possess advanced analytical, troubleshooting and design skills and must have a strong understanding of cloud networking protocols and best practices.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Oversees the implementation of Cloud technologies
• Responsible for cloud planning and engineering guidance
• Oversees the execution and after-action phases of current cloud operations
• Oversees the operation, maintenance, integration, and administration of cloud databases
• Oversees the management of hardware, software, and cloud computing infrastructure.
• Assists with developing resources including current and future cloud storage capabilities, storage virtualization, and backup solutions.
• Supports the management of storage resources located in the cloud.
• Monitoring and managing storage systems and performing support for storage resources located within cloud services in response to incidents, reconfigurations, installations, or other physical or logical changes
• Providing leadership to on-site and cloud capable support
• Oversees the developing, implementing, and maintaining relevant cloud-based databases as well as database services.
• Responsible for resources aligned to current and future cloud storage capabilities, storage virtualization, and backup solutions
• Assists with the troubleshooting the enterprise cloud, and data networks and evaluate the impact of architectural changes on the network.
• Meeting with clients to ensure services provided are within mission requirements
• Constructing Cloud-based servers
• Working with AWS support to mediate all issues and concerns within AWS infrastructure
• Ensuring client OS and Instances follow DISA STIG and ACAS findings
• Testing system and software interoperability
• Managing and configuring Office 365 environment within Microsoft Azure
• Some positions may require shift work and/or an ability to work a non-standard work schedule to support the USSOCOM mission
*Positions are contingent on contract award.*
**Salary range is based on geographical location.**
• Additional certifications, skills, experience, and/or knowledge
• Networking experience
• VMware virtualization experience
• Understanding of DISA STIGs
An Equal Opportunity Employer including Disability/Veteran.
At Peraton, our benefits are designed to help keep you at your best beyond the work you do with us daily. We’re fully committed to the growth of our employees. From fully comprehensive medical plans to tuition reimbursement, tuition assistance, and fertility treatment, we are there to support you all the way.