Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world’s leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our employees do the can’t be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.
Key Responsibilities for the Splunk Software Engineer:
- Implement, test and operate advanced software security techniques in compliance with technical reference architecture
- Perform on-going security testing and code review to improve software security
- Troubleshoot and debug issues that arise
- Provide engineering designs for new software solutions to help mitigate security vulnerabilities
- Contribute to all levels of the architecture
- Maintain technical documentation
- Consult team members on secure coding practices
- Develop a familiarity with new tools and best practices
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline is required with eight (8) years of experience as a software engineer is required. Master’s Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline with six (6) years of experience as a software engineer. required. A High School Diploma with fourteen (14) years of software engineering experience
- Design and develop software solutions by analyzing stakeholder requirements and conferring with users or system engineers
- Design and implement software solutions to complex problems
- Develop software system installation or build procedures or scripts
- Analyze and resolve system performance issues (e.g. response time or timing problems, interface/integration problems, system bottlenecks, data flow issues)
- Splunk Certification
- Active TS/SCI security clearance with a current polygraph is required
- Ability to develop analytics
- Ability to build a new Splunk instance to replace an existing system’s capabilities and modernize/improve; including: analyzing requirements, designing and sizing
- Splunk architectures, crafting ingest capabilities, data modeling, solutions development, dashboard designing and Splunk Enterprise Security administration
- Preferred Splunk certifications:
- Splunk Certified Architect
- Splunk Accredited Consultant
Peraton offers enhanced benefits to employees working on this critical National Security program, which include heavily subsidized employee benefits coverage for you and your dependents, 25 days of PTO accrued annually up to a generous PTO cap and participation in an attractive bonus plan.
Target Salary Range
$112,000 - $179,000. This represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SCA / Union / Intern Rate or Range
An Equal Opportunity Employer including Disability/Veteran.