Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world’s leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our employees do the can’t be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.
Peraton is seeking a Strategic Communications Specialist to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. The ideal candidate will become part of Peraton’s TSA IMPACT II program. The primary duties are to create and execute communication plans for a large Federal IT program. Additionally, the role will be responsible for Identifying stakeholders, creating key deliverable content, contributes to an enterprise communication portal, represents ITSM/ITOM information roll ups to key internal and external stakeholders.
Day to Day Work Responsibilities:
- Develops, and executes integrated marketing communications projects according to the strategies and revenue objectives.
- Creates communications programs that effectively describe and promote the organization and its products including graphics, brochures, company or product fact sheets, logos, or other promotional products.
- Researches and develops content for publication of products in various media and markets.
- Prepares presentations and/or speeches.
- Provides input into the creation of marketing communications program budgets and plans.
- Develops marketing communications programs designed to support Business Unit strategies.
- Executes integrated marketing communications projects utilizing the following tools: advertising, promotions, direct response, user conferences, events, trade shows, sponsorships, online and channel communications, among others.
- Analyzes and reports on the effectiveness of marketing communications investments and recommends changes in strategy or mix to improve effectiveness.
- Works with outside vendors, marketing and sales teams to develop strategy and focus for trade shows.
- Collaborates with other departments and outside vendors in the content and design of the Company website.
- Bachelor’s degree and 8-10 years’ experience or Master's degree and 6-8 years experience or a high school diploma/equivalent and 12 years relevant experience.
- U.S. citizenship and the ability to obtain/maintain a a DHS Entrance on Duty (EOD) clearance.
- MS Office (Advanced skills in working with Word, PowerPoint & Excel).
- Desktop Publishing experience a plus.
- Experience in creating team newsletters and announcements.
- Excellent written, document editing, and communication skills
- Ability to work independently with senior leaders and team members.
- Experience in working on Federal Government IT programs is a plus.
- Knowledge of IT terminology is a plus.
- Knowledge of the ITIL framework is a plus.
Target Salary Range
$66,000 - $106,000. This represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SCA / Union / Intern Rate or Range
An Equal Opportunity Employer including Disability/Veteran.