Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world’s leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our employees do the can’t be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.
Peraton is seeking a Technical Project Lead to support an Intelligence Community customer in the Washington D.C., Maryland, and Virginia area. Responsibilities are:
- Manages team of development resources including the planning/scheduling, training and mentorship to personnel, ensuring proper resourcing, and status reporting to senior management
- Plans, directs, and coordinates all development and sustainment activities for a portfolio of Business Applications across multiple functional areas and products.
- Prioritizes and allocates projects, products, and resources with the assistance of software/systems engineers, system administrators and ISSOs.
- Participates in the strategic decisions about technology, definition, and implementation of the software products.
- Directs software development projects to include, ensuring that projects are completed on time and according to quality standards, facilitating communication upward and across project team including project status, justifications for variances and technical information.
- Organizes projects through development of a project plan which includes communication of product goals as defined by top management, definition of project strategy, identification of the roles and responsibilities of key project groups, development of a schedule with key milestones, identification of risks, contingency plans and allocation of project resources.
- Develops or specifies standards, methods, or procedures to determine product quality or release readiness.
- Documents software defects, using a bug tracking system, and reports defects to software developers.
- Monitors bug resolution efforts and tracks successes.
- Participates in software design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems.
- Provides task direction and guidance to less experienced team members.
- Responsible for process improvement initiatives as they relate to development efforts
- Investigates problems and develops disposition and recommended corrective actions.
- Participates in meetings as required.
BS 10-12, MS 8-10, Phd 5-7
- Bachelor’s degree with 10-12 years, Master’s degree with 8-10 years, Phd with 5-7 years of experience.
- Previous software development expreince.
- TS/SCI clearance adjudication, and ability to pass a poly
- Demonstrated experience managing complex, high dollar projects and/or contracts.
- Demonstrated experience with the coordination, planning and implementation of project activities and resources using a flexible, adaptive, and problem-solving approach.
- Experience in interfacing with government designated representatives.
- Possess solid organization abilities and be a motivated, flexible team player.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Target Salary Range
$135,000 - $216,000. This represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SCA / Union / Intern Rate or Range
An Equal Opportunity Employer including Disability/Veteran.