Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world’s leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our employees do the can’t be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.
Peraton is seeking a Systems Engineer to join our team of diverse, qualified individuals. The Systems Engineer works at the United States Postal Service (USPS) Central Repair Facility (CRF) in Topeka, KS. The CRF is a depot repair facility for USPS mail processing, delivery, and bulk mail systems repairable parts. Examples: repairing printed circuit boards, electrical, electronic, mechanical and electro-mechanical assemblies to component level. The CRF provides depot level maintenance for essential automation, mechanization, retail and bulk mail processing systems used in all mail processing and retail installations.
Our Systems Engineer performs a variety of engineering research and/or product development in a system engineering discipline such as computer, electronic, electrical, or mechanical engineering. Ability to use advanced theory, mathematical, scientific, or engineering principles to solve problems, conduct system commissioning, testing, prepare documentation, create applications, or devices in the completion of their work. Assist in design and development of systems, testing, and validation of solutions for repairable items. Specific tasks include:
- Assist with implementation of system plans, associated specifications, and engineering change processes based on system engineering requirements
- Assistsin design, development, and modification of systems, end items, machines, and associated test plans
- Provide initial technical support in assessments of determining repairable item status based on system requirements
- Support design and/or fabrication of electrical, mechanical, or electronic systems, assemblies, and sub-assemblies
- Contribute to the completion of assign technical tasks for the organization and provides customer support in the engineering discipline
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Assists in reviewing procedures to ensure that the test and repair process is complete
- Reviews and evaluates failure data received from field locations, and offers recommendations for resolutions
- Provides technical solutions to a broad spectrum of difficult problems
- Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organization objectives
- Contacts are primarily with immediate supervisor, project leaders, and other professionals in the section or group
- Some contact outside customer representatives at various management levels concerning operations or scheduling or specific phases of projects or contracts
- Supports briefings and participates in technical meetings for internal or external representatives concerning specifics to operations
- Performs other related tasks as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline and 0-2 years' of experience
- US Citizenship and the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance
- Complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in the field
- Familiar with AutoCad and Cad type software
- Knowledge in aspects of design, development, and research
- Communicate effectively; both written and oral
- Ability to read and interpret complex engineering drawings
- Proficient with MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- General knowledge of other related disciplines
- Understanding of thermal, hydraulic, or heat transfer systems, gear ratios, material compositions, load testing, mechanical and motor assemblies, variable frequency drives, hydraulic devices, pneumatic devices, and industrial controls
- Understanding of Software development, Analog/Digital Design, Microelectronics, testing methodologies and strategies
- Experience with Motor Design
- Familiar with Electromechanical control theory and systems
- Familiar with 3D modeling (ProE, Mentor Graphics or similar development system)
- Familiar with system and test engineering methodology
- Familiar with system engineering software tools
- Familiar with fabrication, material composition, machining
- Basic Electrical AC/DC theory
- Familiar depot level repair design
- Familiar with device modeling (FPGAs, BGAs etc)
- Familiar with schematic and wiring diagrams
- Familiar with Board and component layout
- Familiar with electronic, electromechanical components
- Familiar with Software design languages (JTAG, Arduino and similar languages)
- Familiar with Computer interface S/W (Python, ATEasy or similar interface software)
- Familiar with design, development, and operating systems that deliver products and services.
- PE license
Sedentary work exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Physical activity may include reaching, walking, grasping, feeling, and talking, hearing and repetitive motion.
Required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures.
Target Salary Range
$51,000 - $82,000. This represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SCA / Union / Intern Rate or Range
An Equal Opportunity Employer including Disability/Veteran.